Duration: 1 day or 2 – 3 hour sessions
This workshop is designed to expand the intermediate weavers ability to draft and weave their own visual imagery on a 4 harness loom or expand to multi-harness looms.
- review of basic specific drafting
- introduce concept of draw-downs and profile drafting
- Do work sheets taking 3 visual images to a profile draft
- Design own visual image and do draw down to a profile draft
- Discussion of transposition of profile draft to a specific draft of a chosen woven structure
- Choose a woven structure, Diaper twill, Summer/winter, Shadow weave or Overshot and transpose individual image from the profile draft to the corresponding woven structure’s specific draft.