Duration: 2 days
This 2 day workshop will explore a 3 harness system of bound weave practiced in the southwest Burkerude area of Norway. Unlike Krokbrogd bound weave, this method uses an odd threading repeat that allows for expansion beyond the 2 block patterning of Krokbragd. This workshop can begin with the lecture I gave at the Norwegian Textile Conference if it is decided not to make the lecture available to the members at large.
- Review of threading of the loom.
- Look at woven pattern samples and compare them to drafting in the workbook
- Weave a selection of samples in black, grey & white
- lecture and workshop on drafting/designing individual sample in color
- weave sample of own design using 2 different color progressions
- Group discussion about how color & weave affects the patterning in Flesberg
This workshop also includes a workbook with history, technical drawings, drafts and worksheet space.